Returning Sticker Books to DMV
The NHOST system’s sticker register feature allows stations to reduce, or eliminate, filling out sticker stubs by hand.
The NHOST system will format the inspection records into a “sticker register,” (a printout of electronic records), that you will print and put with the completed sticker book before you return the book to DMV.
Any inspection stickers issued through the system will be reported on the sticker register for you. If you do not put the inspection through the NHOST unit, you must complete the sticker stub in the booklet by hand like you currently do.
At the “Main Menu”, click “Administrative Menu”
- Click “Sticker Inquiry”.
- Select your name from list and enter passcode.
At “Sticker Inventory/Information”, click “Display Sticker Registry"
- Enter Sticker Type. (Auto or Moto)
- Enter Expiration Year.
- Enter the number of the first sticker in the sticker book.
- Click OK.
You will NOT have to fill out the sticker stub by hand if:
- You used the NHOST Unit for all inspections regardless of whether they were OBD inspections or non-OBD inspections reported, and
- Every sticker number in the book was issued by the NHOST unit exactly once, and
- DMV records indicate that this sticker book was sold to this station.
- Every row in the register will have inspection summary data, starting with the VIN.
- An example of the sticker book register in the above instance is shown below:
- In this case, (all stickers in this book were issued through the NHOST unit), click “PRINT” to print the register.
(download sample here)
- Attach the “Sticker Register” to your sticker book and return the used book to DMV.
If there are stickers in the book you are returning to DMV for which there is no electronic record, or if there are records indicating that the sticker was issued through the NHOST unit for more than one passing inspection, then those sticker stubs MUST be completed by hand before returning the sticker book to DMV.
- If there are stickers in the book you are returning to DMV for which there is no electronic record, those stickers were probably issued during inspections that were NOT performed through the NHOST Unit. Typos when entering the sticker number in to the NHOST unit during an inspection may also explain why there is no electronic record. These stickers will be indicated by asterisks (“***”) in the data fields rather than inspection data. The sticker stub MUST be completed by hand for these inspections.
- If there are stickers in the book you are returning to DMV for which there are more than one electronic record, those stickers were entered correctly during one inspection and entered incorrectly during one or more other inspections. These stickers will be indicated by plus signs (“+++”) in the data fields rather than inspection data. The sticker stub MUST be completed by hand for these stickers using the correct VIN for that inspection.
- An example of a sticker register with both “***” and “+++” is shown below:
- Note: There is a tool on the NHOST unit to display the inspections with duplicate stickers and potential typos. You can access the information by clicking “QUESTIONABLE” from the register menu. An example is shown below. You may use this tool to help you determine the correct inspection information to write on the stub.
- Once you have completed all sticker stubs by hand that are required to be completed, click “PRINT,” attach the “Sticker Register” to your sticker book, and return the used book to DMV.
(download sample here)
Sticker books must be properly completed. This means that:
- The sticker book has an accompanying sticker register with NO asterisks (“***”) or plus signs (“+++”) in the data fields and therefore does not need any sticker stubs completed by hand , or
- The sticker book has an accompanying sticker register with one or more rows with asterisks (“***”) or plus signs (“+++”) in the data fields, and you have properly completed the stubs by hand for stickers with asterisks (“***”) or plus signs (“+++”).
Improperly completed books will be rejected by DMV and may influence the station’s ability to obtain new sticker books.